Job Summary: As Estimator you will play a crucial role in supporting our estimation and procurement efforts. Your responsibilities will include performing quantity take-offs, collaborating with subject matter experts to clarify project scopes, materials, and schedules, and documenting internal opinions. You will actively engage in our internal estimate review process, contribute to the final assembly of estimates, and assist in maintaining our estimating tools and datasets.
- Conduct quantity take-offs as required to support estimation efforts.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to clarify project scopes, materials, and schedules.
- Document internal opinions and insights related to estimation.
- Participate in the internal estimate review process.
- Assist in the final assembly of estimates.
- Contribute to the maintenance of estimating tools and datasets.
- Provide information and documentation to EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) contractors.
- Assist in the development of project schedules.
- Review qualifications and exclusion exhibits to align with scope of work and company specifications.
- Evaluate and level EPC bids.
Industry Knowledge / Relationships:
- Build and nurture relationships with EPCs to secure competitive bids.
- Represent Leeward Renewable Energy at industry events in a professional capacity.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal clients within Leeward Renewable Energy.
- Stay updated with the latest estimating technology and techniques.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Basic knowledge of estimating technology and tools such as On-Screen Takeoff or Bluebeam.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- General knowledge of construction principles and processes, including negotiated/hard bids and GMP (Guaranteed Maximum Price) processes, is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
PPA Origination Specialist
PV Project Developer - Fully Remote
EUROPE, Lower Saxony or North Rhine-Westphalia
Head of Engineering - Onshore Wind
PV Project Developer
EUROPE, Berlin or Hannover
Portfolio/ Asset Manager - Italian Market
The latestAll NewsAll News
Is the North East at the forefront of the UK's Renewable Energy Industry?
Is the North East at the forefront of the U.K's renewable energy industry?
Discover how projects like the Dogger Bank Wind Farm & multiple private investments are rapidly making the North East of England a hotspot for renewable energy investment & projects
In our article we summarise the developments & what the growth of the industry could mean for the UK in the future.
Three60 Energy Strengthens its Portfolio with Pryme Group and Flexlife Acquisition
Empowering the Energy Landscape: Three60 Energy Unites with Pryme Group and Flexlife, a £200 Million Endeavor. 🚀
Read how this strategic acquisition propels innovation and energy solutions forward.
The Impact of Renewable Energy Technologies on Global Energy Efficiency
Discover the impact renewable energy technology has had on global energy efficiency in our article below.
Have you heard about solar paint?
Imagine if the paint on your walls can generate 100% renewable energy foryour home! Though not quite available as a solution in the renewable sector yet, new research & progress is being made each day.
Solar Paint is currently attracting billions in private investments!
Our article below discusses what solar paint is & how it can be used as a source of renewable energy in the future.
Harnessing the Power of Tomorrow: A Dive into Renewable Energy
In such a busy modern world, it can be easy to feel like you are falling behind when it comes to understanding evolving industries.
Renewable Energy is no exception to this as it can be a lot to comprehend! We have broken down all of the key sectors & explained what they are to help you better understand how the world is combatting climate change & heading towards a more sustainable future.
Cultivating Tomorrow: The Intersection of Agriculture and Artificial Intelligence
In the digital era we live in today, technology is influencing every industry around the world. Arguably one of the largest being the agriculture industry.
Many modern issues have begun to arise which have severely effected our ability to maintain supply alongside demand. Technology is providing huge breakthroughs for a more efficient & sustainable way of farming.
Find out how tech is sowing the seeds to a more sustainable future in the agriculture industry in our article below.