Job Title: High Voltage (HV) Construction Manager
The HV Construction Manager oversees on-site teams, contractors, and suppliers in the design, development, and turnover of large-scale PV (photovoltaic) and BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) projects in Mojave, CA. This role involves day-to-day on-site management and reports to the Principal Construction Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively coordinates with on-site teams, resources, contractors, and sub-suppliers across various disciplines to establish project priorities, schedules, and work plans to meet project milestones.
- Manages sub-tier suppliers to ensure compliance with contract and purchase order requirements.
- Supervises the on-site company representative staff.
- Provides daily, weekly, and monthly progress reports, indicators, and recovery plans to upper management.
- Ensures efficient, effective, and safe project implementation in alignment with department procedures, local regulations, contracts, and policies.
- Validates constructability, resource allocation, and field status, and resolves issues as necessary.
- Leads project meetings and reviews project aspects such as budget, schedule, quality, risk tracking, and contingency allocations.
- Interfaces with project management committees, third parties, and acts as the on-site team lead representative for project activities.
- Oversees the execution requirements stipulated in the interconnect agreement, power purchase agreements, and independent system operator to achieve back-feed, synchronization, and commercial operation.
- Manages the walk-down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, and reviews contractor payment requests.
- Supervises or coordinates activities or groups, including safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, analysis, and contract administration.
- Directs commissioning activities to align with corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling, and estimating resources.
- Reports and coordinates work activities and properties with the Principal Construction Manager.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Managing team of quality inspectors (1-3)
- Managing quality documentation from inspectors for review and accountability
- Managing actual progress against planned progress
- Reporting quality and progress deficiencies to construction manager
- Ability to read specifications, installation instructions, and project schedules
- Ability to write letters of non-conformance and incident reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of transmission lines and substations.
- Understanding of power plant technical workings and drawings.
- People management skills.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with third parties and executives.
- Schedule and planning capabilities.
- Budget management expertise.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Comprehensive knowledge of management means and methods.
- Must be proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Project (Procore and P6/ASTA Scheduling software are a plus)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Coordination/Management. Professional career in construction with prior experience in industrial or power and solar markets. A background in electrical and utilities is preferred.
- Must be able to distinguish colors to discern color-coded wiring and/or tape.
- Prolonged periods of standing with intermittent kneeling or bending.
- Physically capable of walking on the job site on varied, uneven terrain, and enduring varied temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds at a time.
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
PPA Origination Specialist
PV Project Developer - Fully Remote
EUROPE, Lower Saxony or North Rhine-Westphalia
Head of Engineering - Onshore Wind
PV Project Developer
EUROPE, Berlin or Hannover
Portfolio/ Asset Manager - Italian Market
The latestAll NewsAll News
Is the North East at the forefront of the UK's Renewable Energy Industry?
Is the North East at the forefront of the U.K's renewable energy industry?
Discover how projects like the Dogger Bank Wind Farm & multiple private investments are rapidly making the North East of England a hotspot for renewable energy investment & projects
In our article we summarise the developments & what the growth of the industry could mean for the UK in the future.
Three60 Energy Strengthens its Portfolio with Pryme Group and Flexlife Acquisition
Empowering the Energy Landscape: Three60 Energy Unites with Pryme Group and Flexlife, a £200 Million Endeavor. 🚀
Read how this strategic acquisition propels innovation and energy solutions forward.
The Impact of Renewable Energy Technologies on Global Energy Efficiency
Discover the impact renewable energy technology has had on global energy efficiency in our article below.
Have you heard about solar paint?
Imagine if the paint on your walls can generate 100% renewable energy foryour home! Though not quite available as a solution in the renewable sector yet, new research & progress is being made each day.
Solar Paint is currently attracting billions in private investments!
Our article below discusses what solar paint is & how it can be used as a source of renewable energy in the future.
Harnessing the Power of Tomorrow: A Dive into Renewable Energy
In such a busy modern world, it can be easy to feel like you are falling behind when it comes to understanding evolving industries.
Renewable Energy is no exception to this as it can be a lot to comprehend! We have broken down all of the key sectors & explained what they are to help you better understand how the world is combatting climate change & heading towards a more sustainable future.
Cultivating Tomorrow: The Intersection of Agriculture and Artificial Intelligence
In the digital era we live in today, technology is influencing every industry around the world. Arguably one of the largest being the agriculture industry.
Many modern issues have begun to arise which have severely effected our ability to maintain supply alongside demand. Technology is providing huge breakthroughs for a more efficient & sustainable way of farming.
Find out how tech is sowing the seeds to a more sustainable future in the agriculture industry in our article below.