The IT and Cybersecurity Manager is a critical member of the team, tasked with optimizing and maintaining our operational and enterprise IT ecosystem, alongside crafting and implementing robust cybersecurity policies and procedures. This role requires a seasoned IT and cybersecurity professional, proficient in network engineering, cloud infrastructure deployment and monitoring, management of employee IT services, and application of leading cybersecurity frameworks and best practices. The IT and Cybersecurity Manager collaborates closely with our data engineering team and business units to deploy solutions that underpin the company's diverse operations, including project development, design, construction, operations, and analytics. The ideal candidate should be proactive, adept at supporting multiple teams, systems, and products, and be enthusiastic about constructing and sustaining solutions for our entire spectrum of energy storage operations and applications.
- Implementing and managing the company's project and enterprise IT systems.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to identify and fulfill technology requirements.
- Overseeing and collaborating with 3rd party services for procurement and maintenance of company hardware and software.
- Creating and monitoring cloud assets, including servers and networking.
- Developing, managing, and tracking the IT department's annual budget.
- Providing direction, guidance, and training to office staff on various IT systems and cybersecurity policies.
- Identifying and implementing networking, software, and cybersecurity requirements for energy storage projects.
- Ensuring data security, network access, and backup system integrity.
- Safeguarding assets, information security, and control structures.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process enhancements, including process automation, data delivery optimization, and infrastructure redesign for greater scalability.
- Designing and documenting overall IT infrastructure and business application workflows.
- Offering general administrative and management support to enhance operations at the company.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, network engineering, information systems, or a related field from an accredited university.
- Proven working experience as an IT and/or cybersecurity manager or relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and computer hardware/software systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Experience in building and maintaining infrastructure on cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience or working knowledge of energy industry IT and cybersecurity solutions, including standards implementation such as NIST.
Washington DC metropolitan area
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
UK, united kingdom
Senior Project Manager
The latestAll NewsAll News
US to create offshore wind ‘centre of excellence’
Labelled the 'Centre of Excellence' for offshore wind - the facility will speed up reliable and fair offshore wind energy deployment and produce a well-educated domestic workforce.
US could award 15.5GW of offshore offtake in 2024
Despite challenges, such as contract terminations and economic uncertainty in 2023, there was significant growth in offshore wind capacity and infrastructure development.
SAMUEL KNIGHT INTERNATIONAL: An International solutions-focused approach
At Samuel Knight Energy they understand the importance of having the right talent in place to support their client's Renewable Energy projects that align perfectly with their objectives. Samuel Knight's strategic global office locations now include Newcastle HQ, London, Bristol, Spain, and USA sites with Dallas HQ, Chicago & Boston.
Could there already be an alternative to the Lithium-Ion battery?
Could there already be an alternative to the Lithium-Ion battery? The Lithium-Ion battery was a revolutionising innovation, however it is not without its downfalls...
International Day of Clean Energy
Today is the first ever officially recognised International Day of Clean Energy. Discover how the pledges made by world governments are going to help the world transition into a sustainable future & combat the effects of climate change.
Michigan Enacts 100% Clean Energy Mandate Through the Clean Energy and Jobs Act
The Clean Energy and Jobs Act includes several bills that include a mandate that utilities sell 100% of electricity generation from emissions-free sources, though environmentalists argue it has opened the door for non-clean sources to participate.