Location: Cork or Ireland remote
An IPP client which is a leading independent power producer of utility-scale photovoltaic power plants, invests, builds, and operates renewable energy power plants globally, including in France, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Jordan, Egypt, Singapore, and Oman. Committed to harnessing solar energy, our client has a proven track record of delivering over 2,000 successful solar PV projects in close collaboration with stakeholders.
Support Development and Construction
- Work with the Development and Construction teams on projects in Ireland.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and market news, relevant legislation, and guidance, and inform the team of any implications for development in Ireland.
- Manage PV specialist consultants and advisors, including defining scopes of work, hiring contractors, and interpreting advice.
- Keep all engineering project information and tasks up to date in reporting.
Technical and Strategic Advice
- Provide technical and strategic advice to the various multi-disciplinary teams working on projects.
- Ensure effective communication between partners and other colleagues (e.g., finance, engineering, HSE, project management) to support the objectives of the projects.
- Manage engineering support to development sites in Ireland and participate in technical meetings.
- Assist in preparing tender documentation for front-end engineering (e.g., geotechnical investigations, structural studies, EYA, preliminary layout) and ensure that they are prepared on time and are of the highest possible standard.
- Conduct contractual negotiation with EPC regarding technical areas such as engineering, equipment specifications, performance/testing schedules.
- Engage with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, Government agencies, utility, and grid companies as required.
- Provide input into technical elements of minimum functional requirements for EPC and consultant contracts.
- Inspect new project sites and attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Support the evaluation of new products, concepts, and technologies from vendors.
- Master's degree in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering
- Years of experience on large PV projects in Ireland
- Knowledge of the Irish PV industry, including development, construction, ESB/Eirgrid design requirements, processes, procedures, and standards, and HSE legislation
If you are interested please apply here or send your CV to email@example.com
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
PPA Origination Specialist
PV Project Developer - Fully Remote
EUROPE, Lower Saxony or North Rhine-Westphalia
Head of Engineering - Onshore Wind
PV Project Developer
EUROPE, Berlin or Hannover
Portfolio/ Asset Manager - Italian Market
The latestAll NewsAll News
Is the North East at the forefront of the UK's Renewable Energy Industry?
Is the North East at the forefront of the U.K's renewable energy industry?
Discover how projects like the Dogger Bank Wind Farm & multiple private investments are rapidly making the North East of England a hotspot for renewable energy investment & projects
In our article we summarise the developments & what the growth of the industry could mean for the UK in the future.
Three60 Energy Strengthens its Portfolio with Pryme Group and Flexlife Acquisition
Empowering the Energy Landscape: Three60 Energy Unites with Pryme Group and Flexlife, a £200 Million Endeavor. 🚀
Read how this strategic acquisition propels innovation and energy solutions forward.
The Impact of Renewable Energy Technologies on Global Energy Efficiency
Discover the impact renewable energy technology has had on global energy efficiency in our article below.
Have you heard about solar paint?
Imagine if the paint on your walls can generate 100% renewable energy foryour home! Though not quite available as a solution in the renewable sector yet, new research & progress is being made each day.
Solar Paint is currently attracting billions in private investments!
Our article below discusses what solar paint is & how it can be used as a source of renewable energy in the future.
Harnessing the Power of Tomorrow: A Dive into Renewable Energy
In such a busy modern world, it can be easy to feel like you are falling behind when it comes to understanding evolving industries.
Renewable Energy is no exception to this as it can be a lot to comprehend! We have broken down all of the key sectors & explained what they are to help you better understand how the world is combatting climate change & heading towards a more sustainable future.
Cultivating Tomorrow: The Intersection of Agriculture and Artificial Intelligence
In the digital era we live in today, technology is influencing every industry around the world. Arguably one of the largest being the agriculture industry.
Many modern issues have begun to arise which have severely effected our ability to maintain supply alongside demand. Technology is providing huge breakthroughs for a more efficient & sustainable way of farming.
Find out how tech is sowing the seeds to a more sustainable future in the agriculture industry in our article below.