PPA ManagerLocation: Fully remote in Germany
The client is an IPP company that is fully devoted to spearheading the worldwide shift towards renewable energy while upholding principles of sustainability and social responsibility.
The company's core strategy centres around securing steady, enduring cash flows through power purchase agreements (PPAs) with utilities, governments, and corporations. The client actively engages in the creation and procurement of fresh renewable energy initiatives, boasting an impressive pipeline of projects currently in development.
Its primary operations involve the ownership and administration of an extensive collection of solar and wind power facilities across several European countries including Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain and Finland. Collectively they have over 200 employees who are actively shaping the future of the energy system.
• You will be responsible for structuring and negotiating long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) for individual projects or project portfolios in Europe from our project pipeline.
• You will be in charge of preparing PPA tendering procedures and coordinating them for projects in our project pipeline.
• Creating and editing offers for incoming PPA tenders will be part of your role.
• You will proactively establish new contacts with industrial customers in our core markets.
• Your close collaboration will be required with teams such as Investment, Project Finance, Legal, Energy Portfolio Management, and Energy Risk Management to ensure fundability of the PPAs and alignment with our portfolio.
• Reporting and presenting negotiation results to internal committees will be crucial for driving business decisions.
• Additionally, you will analyse developments in electricity markets and monitor long-term price trends.
• Hold a degree in economics, engineering, or a related field.
• Possess more than five years of professional experience in energy procurement, energy trading, or energy marketing, with a preference for experience in renewable energies.
• Demonstrate a successful track record in evaluating, structuring, and negotiating long term power purchase agreements/PPAs.
• Have knowledge of procurement and sales processes at industrial customers.
• Exhibit a strong affinity for numbers and analysis, along with high self-motivation and a keen sense of quality awareness.
• Be a team player with high flexibility and a positive attitude, even in challenging situations.
• Possess excellent communication skills in both German and English.
· Individualised guidance and coaching
· Comprehensive onboarding, tailored training opportunities, language courses, and development programs
· Engaging health platform "Get Fit!" with health budget, health weeks, free drinks, fruit, and lunch offerings
· A mix of small and large company and team events, "Giving Back Week," and an active sustainability working group
· Finder's fee for referring new colleagues
· Benefit from the Deutschlandticket and sponsored JobRad (bicycle leasing program)
· Access to corporate benefits and exclusive discounts
· Conveniently located office accessible by bus and train
· Employer subsidy for the company pension scheme and occupational disability insurance, along with free group accident insurance
· Flexible working arrangements and the option for a mobile office (up to 50% remote work), along with generous vacation days (30 days plus 2 additional days for Christmas and New Year's Eve)
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
E&I TFA - Malaysia
USA, Northern California
IT Support / Specialist
EUROPE, Hamburg or Bremen
The latestAll NewsAll News
Vesper Energy attracts USD-100m investment to grow portfolio
Vesper Energy, has secured a substantial equity investment of $100 million. This is aimed at bolstering the expansion of Vesper Energy's impressive portfolio, which encompasses both solar and energy storage projects.
$2.7 Trillion Annual Investment Required for 1.5°C Climate Goal
A recent report from the consultancy firm Wood Mackenzie emphasises the necessity of a substantial global investment amounting to $2.7 trillion annually to achieve the critical goal of net zero emissions by 2050.
Zero-waste metrics unveiled for the rail industry
When we think about waste, our thoughts often gravitate towards post-consumer origins such as plastic packaging. However, 40% of the world's solid waste by weight is generated through construction and demolition activities annually.
Turning the Tide: Vineyard Wind 1 Set to Transform US Offshore Wind Landscape with Turbine Installations
In a major milestone for the US offshore wind industry, wind turbine installation at Vineyard Wind 1, the US’s first commercial-scale offshore wind farm, is expected to start next week.
The UK leads Europe in housing the highest number of future unicorns
Report by Swedish venture capital firm Creandum highlights Europe's growth as a global tech contender, with its share of global VC funding increasing from 5% in 2003 to 16% in 2023.