On behalf of our client we are recruiting for the role of Project Engineer for their stations and buildings portfolio in Wales & Western region on the CP7 framework. Works will include the building of 6 new stations and the maintenance and renewal of multiple stations throughout the region.
Our client is a leading civil engineering organisation delivering safe, sustainable, and efficient transport solutions across the UK.
As a Project Engineer, you will work closely with the Project Managers and CRE's to manage the design and/or construction activities for allocated projects. You will ensure compliance to the requirements of the guide to the relevant legislation, group and company standards, and Network rail procedures with the stations and buildings programme.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Engineering Projects to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are aligned with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications, and procedures.
• You will lead all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
• You will be maintaining the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and lead the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Rail’s environmental policy.
• You will monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
• You are providing project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including CDM regulations.
• You ensure that internal and contractor’s design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
• Undertaking reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange an audit of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design ensuring that construction, testing, commissioning and management systems are adequate.
• You identify and share company practices across the various project teams.
Our client really values their staff so what you'll get in return:
We offer a competitive rewards package, including a Company Car scheme, Private Healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance cover, 25 days Annual Leave (and a day off for your birthday). You'll also have access to Hybrid working where possible, an enhanced Paternity & Maternity package and the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally.
• Successful relevant experience in Buildings, Civils, Structural and / or Building Services engineering, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas
• Technical qualifications to either HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance in a Buildings/Civil Engineering capacity.
• You have a deep understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
• Construction Design Management, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
• Membership of a relevant professional body with either Incorporated or chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
• Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
• An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
•Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
• Project safety management experience
• Yellow book course.
• You have a Personal Track Safety Competency
Inclusion and diversity are important to us, we are an equal opportunities employer and value difference. We want and will continue to build an inclusive environment where our people thrive. We firmly believe constantly striving to build a truly diverse workforce is what makes us a strong business and will enable us to continue to solve important problems and deliver unrivalled value to both our customers and clients. If you need any specialist support throughout your application, we will work with you where we can to support your journey
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
E&I TFA - Malaysia
USA, Northern California
IT Support / Specialist
EUROPE, Hamburg or Bremen
The latestAll NewsAll News
Vesper Energy attracts USD-100m investment to grow portfolio
Vesper Energy, has secured a substantial equity investment of $100 million. This is aimed at bolstering the expansion of Vesper Energy's impressive portfolio, which encompasses both solar and energy storage projects.
$2.7 Trillion Annual Investment Required for 1.5°C Climate Goal
A recent report from the consultancy firm Wood Mackenzie emphasises the necessity of a substantial global investment amounting to $2.7 trillion annually to achieve the critical goal of net zero emissions by 2050.
Zero-waste metrics unveiled for the rail industry
When we think about waste, our thoughts often gravitate towards post-consumer origins such as plastic packaging. However, 40% of the world's solid waste by weight is generated through construction and demolition activities annually.
Turning the Tide: Vineyard Wind 1 Set to Transform US Offshore Wind Landscape with Turbine Installations
In a major milestone for the US offshore wind industry, wind turbine installation at Vineyard Wind 1, the US’s first commercial-scale offshore wind farm, is expected to start next week.
The UK leads Europe in housing the highest number of future unicorns
Report by Swedish venture capital firm Creandum highlights Europe's growth as a global tech contender, with its share of global VC funding increasing from 5% in 2003 to 16% in 2023.