Seeking a motivated Utility Project Engineer to provide technical expertise throughout the project life cycle for utility-scale photovoltaic power plants across the United States. The role involves project-level technical diligence, optimization, project development engineering, construction support, and risk analysis. The ideal candidate has experience managing multiple concurrent projects and resources from a technical perspective.
- Develop and optimize PV layouts considering land characteristics, permitting constraints, energy harvest optimization, constructability, and cost-efficiency.
- Conduct energy modeling studies using tools like PVsyst to optimize production targets and align with financial goals.
- Support and manage technical aspects of project development, including permitting, interconnection, communications, environmental, and topographical considerations.
- Oversee design reviews of EPC drawings to ensure compliance with industry standards and commercial targets.
- Maintain well-organized and documented project-specific technical deliverables.
- Interface with independent engineers to ensure accurate and protective reports for project interests.
- Provide construction RFI support as the owner’s engineer.
- Offer technical leadership to support key stakeholders' interests.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to support project completion.
- Source and manage external consultants and partners, including developing Scope of Work documents, managing RFP processes, and controlling scope and schedule to obtain desired deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong interest in renewable energy fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience in utility-scale PV system design and engineering
- Minimum 5 years of total engineering experience in renewable energy or construction
- Experience in providing engineering support for utility-scale PV projects through construction phases
- Ability to view engineering and technical matters through a commercial lens
- Willingness to travel approximately 15% of the time based on project requirements
- Experience engaging with various project stakeholders, including investors, EPC partners, developers, and O&M partners
- Proficiency in energy modeling, solar resource assessments, and advising stakeholders on production targets
- Experience working with 3rd party Independent Engineering firms
- Ability to identify cost or schedule drivers and implement actions to optimize budgets and completion schedules
This position is based in Washington, DC. We operate on a hybrid work schedule, requiring 3 days per week in the office during weeks when other work travel is not occurring.
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
PPA Origination Specialist
PV Project Developer - Fully Remote
EUROPE, Lower Saxony or North Rhine-Westphalia
Head of Engineering - Onshore Wind
PV Project Developer
EUROPE, Berlin or Hannover
Portfolio/ Asset Manager - Italian Market
The latestAll NewsAll News
Is the North East at the forefront of the UK's Renewable Energy Industry?
Is the North East at the forefront of the U.K's renewable energy industry?
Discover how projects like the Dogger Bank Wind Farm & multiple private investments are rapidly making the North East of England a hotspot for renewable energy investment & projects
In our article we summarise the developments & what the growth of the industry could mean for the UK in the future.
Three60 Energy Strengthens its Portfolio with Pryme Group and Flexlife Acquisition
Empowering the Energy Landscape: Three60 Energy Unites with Pryme Group and Flexlife, a £200 Million Endeavor. 🚀
Read how this strategic acquisition propels innovation and energy solutions forward.
The Impact of Renewable Energy Technologies on Global Energy Efficiency
Discover the impact renewable energy technology has had on global energy efficiency in our article below.
Have you heard about solar paint?
Imagine if the paint on your walls can generate 100% renewable energy foryour home! Though not quite available as a solution in the renewable sector yet, new research & progress is being made each day.
Solar Paint is currently attracting billions in private investments!
Our article below discusses what solar paint is & how it can be used as a source of renewable energy in the future.
Harnessing the Power of Tomorrow: A Dive into Renewable Energy
In such a busy modern world, it can be easy to feel like you are falling behind when it comes to understanding evolving industries.
Renewable Energy is no exception to this as it can be a lot to comprehend! We have broken down all of the key sectors & explained what they are to help you better understand how the world is combatting climate change & heading towards a more sustainable future.
Cultivating Tomorrow: The Intersection of Agriculture and Artificial Intelligence
In the digital era we live in today, technology is influencing every industry around the world. Arguably one of the largest being the agriculture industry.
Many modern issues have begun to arise which have severely effected our ability to maintain supply alongside demand. Technology is providing huge breakthroughs for a more efficient & sustainable way of farming.
Find out how tech is sowing the seeds to a more sustainable future in the agriculture industry in our article below.