Job Title: Solar Project Manager, Utility-scale
Job Type: Permanent, full-time- salary
Location: Remote with ~25% travel
- Lead and oversee utility-scale construction projects in collaboration with the Project Director and management team.
- Utilize construction and related software to effectively manage budgets, schedules, and project documentation.
- Develop accurate project budgets and maintain them throughout the construction process, ensuring timely completion of concurrent projects.
- Create comprehensive scopes of work for new project developments and property rehabilitation.
- Conduct site evaluations, document site conditions, and provide clear communication to design, engineering, sales, and customers.
- Analyze bids to establish contract values and prepare billing documentation. Collaborate with sales and accounting on billing documents for new sales.
- Input bid analysis data into project budgets and manage overall budgeting.
- Negotiate subcontractor agreements and material purchases while adhering to contracting practices and standards.
- Monitor budget variances, forecast project costs, and ensure subcontractor compliance with contract specifications.
- Initiate and process Requests for Information, as well as customer change order requests.
- Provide input and guidance to the design team during project development, ensuring compliance with Company standards.
- Interface with Public/Private Utility Companies and municipal officials for project design, contracts, permits, and execution.
- Facilitate regular construction meetings with clients and maintain accurate daily reports.
- Oversee material submittals, maintain project documentation, and prepare project completion materials for internal and customer use.
- Manage project commissioning, final reporting, and handover to the Asset Management team.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction Management, or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five (5+) years of experience in project management of utility-scale renewable energy construction projects.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- OSHA 10 required
- OSHA 30 preferred
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks, review work for quality, and ensure adherence to production standards.
- Highly motivated, adaptable, detail-oriented, and capable of both collaborative and independent work.
- Exceptional customer service skills and proficiency in data analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, written, and verbal communication skills.
Get Job Alerts
Related JobsAll JobsAll Jobs
PPA Origination Specialist
PV Project Developer - Fully Remote
EUROPE, Lower Saxony or North Rhine-Westphalia
Head of Engineering - Onshore Wind
PV Project Developer
EUROPE, Berlin or Hannover
Portfolio/ Asset Manager - Italian Market
The latestAll NewsAll News
Is the North East at the forefront of the UK's Renewable Energy Industry?
Is the North East at the forefront of the U.K's renewable energy industry?
Discover how projects like the Dogger Bank Wind Farm & multiple private investments are rapidly making the North East of England a hotspot for renewable energy investment & projects
In our article we summarise the developments & what the growth of the industry could mean for the UK in the future.
Three60 Energy Strengthens its Portfolio with Pryme Group and Flexlife Acquisition
Empowering the Energy Landscape: Three60 Energy Unites with Pryme Group and Flexlife, a £200 Million Endeavor. 🚀
Read how this strategic acquisition propels innovation and energy solutions forward.
The Impact of Renewable Energy Technologies on Global Energy Efficiency
Discover the impact renewable energy technology has had on global energy efficiency in our article below.
Have you heard about solar paint?
Imagine if the paint on your walls can generate 100% renewable energy foryour home! Though not quite available as a solution in the renewable sector yet, new research & progress is being made each day.
Solar Paint is currently attracting billions in private investments!
Our article below discusses what solar paint is & how it can be used as a source of renewable energy in the future.
Harnessing the Power of Tomorrow: A Dive into Renewable Energy
In such a busy modern world, it can be easy to feel like you are falling behind when it comes to understanding evolving industries.
Renewable Energy is no exception to this as it can be a lot to comprehend! We have broken down all of the key sectors & explained what they are to help you better understand how the world is combatting climate change & heading towards a more sustainable future.
Cultivating Tomorrow: The Intersection of Agriculture and Artificial Intelligence
In the digital era we live in today, technology is influencing every industry around the world. Arguably one of the largest being the agriculture industry.
Many modern issues have begun to arise which have severely effected our ability to maintain supply alongside demand. Technology is providing huge breakthroughs for a more efficient & sustainable way of farming.
Find out how tech is sowing the seeds to a more sustainable future in the agriculture industry in our article below.